This sweet and savory side dish has a wonderfully soft texture.
Total time: 1 H 20 M
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 0.66 cup butter
- 4 tbsp. cold water
- 10 oz. corn kernels fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. whipping cream
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 1g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 8-x-8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Add popcorn kernels to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour; set aside.
- Add butter to WildSide+ jar, secure lid, and select "Batter."
- Add corn flour and cold water to jar, secure lid, and press "Pulse" 6–8 times.
- Add corn kernels, cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, baking powder, and salt to jar. Secure lid and pulse 6–8 times.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and cover with foil. Place pan in larger pan, and pour boiling water halfway up sides of larger pan.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes, adding more boiling water if necessary.
- Remove corn cake from oven, and allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Use small ice cream scoop to serve. Makes 6–8 servings.