This medium spicy salsa is great served with tortilla chips or spooned over grilled fish with lime.
Total time: 10 S
- 3 large tomatillos husked, washed & halved
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 plum tomatoes halved
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo (one pepper from the can)
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 0g
- Set a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Lay tomatoes and tomatillos cut side down and add garlic to pan.
- When tomatoes, tomatillos and garlic are toasty and brown, flip everything over and brown the other side.
- Once both sides are toasty and brown, remove from heat and cover with lid and set aside to ensure the tomatoes and tomatillos are completely soft.
- Prepare remaining ingredients and add to FourSide or WildSide+ jar.
- Add the pan-roasted tomatoes, tomatillos, garlic and pan juices to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 8-10 times until desired consistency is reached.