A simply perfect sauce for your favorite Mexican dishes. Drizzle it over tacos, sopes, and tostadas or use it to make chilaquiles, tamales or enchiladas.
Total time: 30 S
- 1 1/2 lbs. tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 2 serrano peppers stemmed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chunks onion approximately ¼ cup
- 1 bunch cilantro approximately 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed or safflower oil
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Place tomatillos, peppers and garlic in saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove tomatillos, peppers and garlic and allow them to cool.
- Add tomatillos, peppers, garlic, ⅓ cup cooking liquid, onion, salt and cilantro to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Sauces" or blend on a Medium Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Heat the oil in saucepan over medium heat and add salsa to pan.
- Bring salsa to boil, stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes until it thickens.
- Cool and serve, or store in refrigerator.