Rosemary Veggie Pot Pie Recipe
This pot pie has only one crust and all the flavor and savor of a regular pot pie. Keep this vegetarian, or add 12-16 ounces diced and cooked chicken or turkey before pouring in to pan or ramekins.
- 1 1/8 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp. cold butter cut into pieces
- 4 tbsp. ice-cold water
- 1 potato diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 onion halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Serving Size: 1/8 slice or one ramekin
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Whole wheat pie crust:
- Add first 4 ingredients to Twister jar and place Twister lid on jar.
- Hold Twister lid and with other hand, press "Pulse" 10-12 times until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and replace Twister lid.
- Hold Twister lid and with other hand, press "Pulse" 8-10 times until dough is formed; do not over blend. Remember to turn Twister lid counter-clockwise during blending.
- Remove dough and pat into a smoothie disc, wrap disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before rolling out dough. Makes one 9-inch pie crust or 8 tops for individual ramekins.
Pot pie filling:
- Preheat over to 425°F.
- Spread out diced potatoes and carrots and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and fresh rosemary to Twister jar and secure gripper lid. Press "Pulse" 4-6 times until all ingredients are well chopped.
- Heat butter in medium saucepan until it starts to sizzle.
- Add flour to make a roux. When roux is heated and moisture is soaked into the flour, add broth, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients, including potatoes and carrots. Heat until filling is bubbly and thick.
- Pour into 9-inch pie plate or individual ramekins.
- Place pie crust over top of filling and press dough into dish with a fork. Make 3 slits along the top of the crust for steam to vent while baking.
- Reduce heat to 400°F.
- If baking in pie plate, bake for 40-45 minutes. If baking in individual ramekins, place all ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is slightly browned.