This versatile dough is quick, easy to make and perfect for pretzels.
Total time: 21 M 40 S
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add water, yeast, and honey to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 1–2 times, and allow yeast to proof 5–10 minutes.
- Combine all-purpose and whole wheat flour in separate bowl. Add oil, salt, and ⅓ of flour to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 2 times. Add next ⅓ of flour to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 3–5 times. Add remaining flour and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 8–10 times or until all flour is incorporated and a dough ball forms.
- Allow dough to rise in jar with lid secure until doubled. After dough rises, form eight 2-foot ropes, and twist them into pretzel shapes.
- Bring a gallon of water to boil in a large pot. Add ¼ cup baking soda to boiling water.
- Carefully drop shaped pretzels, one at a time, into boiling water and leave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Remove pretzels, place them on lined baking sheet, brush them with beaten egg yolk and water, and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake until brown, approximately 7-10 minutes.
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE