Serve these moist and savory potato cakes with marinara sauce and salad for a light dinner.
Total time: 25 M
- 2 slices whole wheat bread toasted and quartered
- 10 oz. spinach approximately 6 cups lightly packed
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes baked or boiled, and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic quartered
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- Serving Size: 2 cakes
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Add toast to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6–8 times or until desired crumb size is reached. Set aside bread crumbs.
- In large skillet, sauté spinach in ½ tablespoon oil until spinach is wilted.
- Add spinach, buttermilk, eggs, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and select "Sauces."
- Add feta cheese, and use spatula to incorporate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet or griddle. Spoon approximately ⅓ cup potato mixture onto skillet.
- Cook each side of potato cake until golden brown, approximately 1–2 minutes.
- Place each cake onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes.