Olive-Rosemary Flatbread Recipe
This gluten-free flatbread is infused with the Mediterranean flavors of olives, garlic, and rosemary.
Total time: 1 H 40 M
- 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain brown rice
- 12 oil-cured black olives
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 358mg
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Add brown rice to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour; set aside.
- Add popcorn kernels to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour; set aside.
- Add ½ cup rice flour, yeast, sugar, and ½ cup warm water to 2-cup measuring cup; mix. Let rest in warm place until doubled in volume, about 10 minutes.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper, and draw two 8-inch circles on it (use cake pan as a guide).
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites lightly. Add olive oil, olives, and 2 teaspoons rosemary; set aside.
- Combine egg yolk and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining rice flour, corn flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, and salt in large bowl. Add remaining ¾ cup warm water to egg white mixture, and stir into flour mixture. Stir in yeast mixture, and beat until smooth.
- Using rubber spatula, spread soft dough into 8-inch circles marked on parchment paper, heaping dough slightly in middle. Cover loaves with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let loaves rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove garlic pieces from egg yolk, and brush egg yolk over loaves. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 teaspoons rosemary.
- Use razor blade to slash tops of loaves in large diamond grid pattern. (Use an up-and-down cutting motion rather than dragging blade through dough.) Bake for 20 minutes or until well browned.