Blendtec Recipe - New Orleans Corn Bread
The allspice and white pepper in this recipe set this corn bread apart from the crowd.
Total time: 45 M
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tbsp. shortening
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add popcorn kernels to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour.
- Add resulting corn flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, allspice, and white pepper to Mix n Blend II mixing bowl. Mix to blend ingredients.
- Add egg, milk, and ¼ cup vegetable shortening; beat until smooth.
- Grease 8" or 9" iron skillet (or heavy 8" x 8" baking pan) with ½ tablespoon shortening or drippings; pour in batter.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
For a moist interior and crisp crust, fill an iron skillet â…” full with water and place the skillet on the floor of your oven before preheating it. This old Creole trick works well with all home-baked bread.
Get the flavor of an Orange Creamsicle in a light, refreshing green smoothie. This creamy treat is so tasty, everyone...VIEW RECIPE
This recipe comes from Laura of NaturallyHealthyDesserts.com. Cashews are the base for this delightful dairy-free bev...VIEW RECIPE