Homemade Instant Oatmeal
Easily replace this store-bought staple in your pantry with a healthier (and custom) version.
Total time: 10 S
- 3 cups quick oats divided
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of choice
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 3/4 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat dried milk
- Serving Size: ⅓ cup
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 6g
- Add 2 cups oats, dried fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, brown sugar and dried milk to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 5-7 times to chop ingredients.
- Add remaining cup of oats and press "Pulse" 2-3 times to incorporate.
- Store in an airtight container or in small, plastic bags.
- To prepare oatmeal, pour 2/3 cup boiling water over 1/3 cup oatmeal mixture and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Is there any way to save these recipes as we find ones we like? Or do I just need to write them down, which is easy enough. I just didn’t know if there was a save option on the website somewhere.
any way to make this microwaveable?
You can leave out the dried milk or use something in its place like organic powdered almond milk.
Sure! Just put the water and oatmeal in a bowl and microwave for about 1-2 minutes on high or until it thickens.
I left out the milk and use hot Almond milk instead of water.
Leave a comment