Homemade Granola Recipe
Total time: 01 M 10 S
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds hulled
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 6g
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Spread oats*, sunflower seeds and coconut out on a parchment lined jelly roll pan. Toast in oven for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add flaxseeds to jar and secure lid. Run on a low speed for 50 seconds. Set ground flaxseed aside in mixing bowl.
- Add walnuts to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times. Dump chopped walnuts into mixing bowl with flaxseed.
- Add oil, honey, salt and vanilla to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4–6 times until blended.
- Remove toasted mixture from oven and add ground flaxseed, walnuts, raisins and dried cranberries to toasted oats.
- Pour honey mixture over granola and stir all ingredients together.
- Return jelly roll pan to oven for 8–12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and store in airtight container.
Note: For the gluten intolerant, ensure your oats are gluten-free.
Add your favorite dried fruit (apricots, cherries, currants, dates, etc), try different nuts and seeds for variety (pecans, hazelnuts, pumpkin, etc), and spice it up with cinnamon or nutmeg.