This is Jennifer from healthybliss.net, and I’m sharing a powerful detox smoothie recipe with you today using the awesome Blendtec blender. Before we start, here’s some quick 411 on green smoothies:
- They’re made from fresh fruits and leafy greens.
- They’re blended in a blender (think Blendtec!), not a juicer. A blender keeps the fiber intact, making it a whole food.
- They keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. This makes them super convenient for preparing in advance. You can also drink your smoothie immediately after blending!
Heavy Metal Detox Green Smoothie
1½ cups fresh pineapple chunks
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
1 banana, peeled
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chlorella powder
1½ cups water
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 cups fresh dandelion greens
- Combine the pineapple, kiwi, banana, lime juice, turmeric, chlorella, and water in your Blendtec and secure the lid.
- Starting at low speed and gradually increasing toward high, blend the ingredients for 30–45 seconds or until the mixture contains no visible pieces of fruit. Or, press the Smoothie button on your Blendtec.
- Remove and discard the dandelion green stems. Add the cilantro and dandelion greens and blend again at medium speed for 30 seconds, gradually increasing the speed to high. Blend on high speed for another 15–30 seconds or until the entire mixture is smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy!
Tip: If you don’t have chlorella powder, use spirulina powder instead. If you want some variety, try 1 cup of fresh mango instead of kiwi.
About the Author
I’m Jennifer, aka rawfoodbliss! I healed myself of a nasty chronic skin rash by changing to an additive-free plant-based diet and doing natural detox and cleansing. For more awesome health tips and lots of information about detox and healthy living, check out my blog at http://www.healthybliss.net.
Join me on social media: