Hearty Vegetable Chowder Recipe
Warm up during the holiday season with this chunky vegetarian chowder that will give you the comfort of a creamy soup without all the calories.
Total time: 02 M 50 S
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 cup frozen carrot coins
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 clove garlic quartered
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup red potato baked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 673mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 4g
- Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add broth, 1 cup corn, pepper, salt, fennel seeds, and chili powder; bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soup to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select “Soup” setting.
- Add potato, and press “Pulse” 5–7 times or until desired texture is reached.
- Transfer soup back to saucepan, and add remaining corn and carrots; heat until corn and carrots are tender.
*To make the recipe vegan, substitute coconut oil for butter.
*Garnish with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
*Garnish with bacon.
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE