Hearty Vegetable Chowder Recipe
Warm up during the holiday season with this chunky vegetarian chowder that will give you the comfort of a creamy soup without all the calories.
Total time: 02 M 50 S
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 cup frozen carrot coins
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 clove garlic quartered
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup red potato baked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 673mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 4g
- Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add broth, 1 cup corn, pepper, salt, fennel seeds, and chili powder; bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soup to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select “Soup” setting.
- Add potato, and press “Pulse” 5–7 times or until desired texture is reached.
- Transfer soup back to saucepan, and add remaining corn and carrots; heat until corn and carrots are tender.
*To make the recipe vegan, substitute coconut oil for butter.
*Garnish with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
*Garnish with bacon.
This refreshing caramel frappe recipe is a popular dessert and afternoon pick-me-up. It's a sweet treat that can be a...VIEW RECIPE
Contrary to popular belief, guacamole isn't the only way to eat avocados. Avocado soup makes a delicious, healthy app...VIEW RECIPE