This crispy, gluten-free alternative to crisp crackers goes well with a cheese ball, hummus, and other spreads.
Total time: 2 H 13 M 20 S
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. water
- Serving Size: 12 crackers
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 98mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add almonds, egg, water, and salt to Twister jar, and place lid on jar. Select “Speed Up” to Speed 6, and run for 20 seconds or until mixture forms a paste.
- Add half of flour, and place lid on jar. Select “Speed Up” to Speed 6, and run for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining flour to jar, and place lid on jar. Select “Speed Up” to Speed 6, and run for 30 seconds.
- Grease pan with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Roll out dough until it is 2–3 millimeters thick.
- Bake crackers for 18–20 minutes or until crackers are browned at edges. Remove from oven, and cut crackers into 1-x-1-inch pieces. Let cool and then remove from pan.
- If crackers are still soft, crisp them in a dehydrator for 4 hours or in an oven at 200°F for 2 hours.
Prior to baking, sprinkle the tops of the crackers with any of the following: salt, Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, black pepper, chili powder.
Try with our Appetizer Cheese Ball.