Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Enjoy a taste of the South with these biscuits and their hearty flavors of cheddar and garlic.
Total time: 40 S
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 tbsp. butter cut in fourths
- 1 cup. low-fat buttermilk divided
- 3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley optional
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add the first seven ingredients to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-4 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Remove clear vented gripper lid insert, add butter, replace insert and press "Pulse" 8-10 times until butter resembles a coarse meal.
- Add ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times.
- Add other ½ cup buttermilk and cheese through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times until dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use Spoonula or spatula to scrape sides of WildSide+ jar, then dump biscuit dough onto floured surface.
- With floured hands, pat down dough to approximately 1-inch thick.
- Use floured biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut dough into rounds. Continue patting dough scraps together and cut out remaining biscuits.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE
By Lindsey of Little Pine Low Carb Looking for the most decadently delicious, keto friendly smoothie that tastes mo...VIEW RECIPE