Enjoy a taste of the South with these biscuits and their hearty flavors of cheddar and garlic.
Total time: 40 S
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 tbsp. butter cut in fourths
- 1 cup. low-fat buttermilk divided
- 3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley optional
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add the first seven ingredients to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-4 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Remove clear vented gripper lid insert, add butter, replace insert and press "Pulse" 8-10 times until butter resembles a coarse meal.
- Add ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times.
- Add other ½ cup buttermilk and cheese through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times until dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use Spoonula or spatula to scrape sides of WildSide+ jar, then dump biscuit dough onto floured surface.
- With floured hands, pat down dough to approximately 1-inch thick.
- Use floured biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut dough into rounds. Continue patting dough scraps together and cut out remaining biscuits.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.