Fruited Cheese Log Recipe
This sweet and savory cheese spread is perfect served with whole wheat crackers.
Total time: 1 H 15 M
- 4 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dried apricots peeled & pitted
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese shredded (approximately 2 c)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup whole dates
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 79mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- In Mix n Blend II mixing bowl, soak apricots in water for 1 hour or until softened. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese to WildSide+ jar and bring to room temperature, for about 30 minutes.
- Add orange juice to cheese mixture and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3 –5 times.
- Add raisins, dates, apricots, and salt and secure lid. Pulse 3–5 times or until ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide mixture in half. On large piece of waxed paper, shape ½ of mixture into log about 5" long. Create another log with other ½ of mixture.
- Cover and chill for 4–24 hours. Roll in nuts before serving.
- Serve with assorted crackers and/or apple slices.
Leave a comment