Total time: 30 S
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice optional
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar optional
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, vanilla and flour to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Blend on "Batters" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 25-30 seconds.
- In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, pour in batter.
- Carefully transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle lemon juice and powdered sugar over dutch babies. Cut and serve.
Note: Also delicious served with fruit, jam, syrup or preserves. We love it with our Raspberry Maple Syrup.
For a savory version, add fresh herbs to batter and serve with cheese once baked.