Creamy Taco Soup
This recipe comes from Jessica Gatlin of mybakingheart.com. This flavorful and healthy recipe was created to fulfill her Mexican cravings. Make it a perfect meal by pairing it with a green salad or chips and salsa!
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 2(5.3 oz.) containers plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1(15 oz.) can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1(4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1(15 oz.) can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 lb. chicken breasts shredded & cooked
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1(15 oz.) can Navy beans rinsed & drained
- 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese shredded (for garnish), optional
- 1/2 tsp. ground ancho chili powder
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 670mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Place yogurt, broth, Navy and black beans, green chilies, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic and all spices (through the Mrs. Dash seasoning blend) in your Blendtec, and blend on "Soup" or "Hot" or "90" cycle or blend on a High speed for 90 seconds.
- Once the soup has blended, pour it into a large stockpot set on medium-high heat.
- Add the corn and shredded chicken to the soup and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Portion the soup into 6-8 bowls, topping each with chopped cilantro and shredded cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE