Total time: 1 H 10 M
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 0.66 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2(1" x 2") pieces orange zest
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 peeled orange
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 2g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times for 2 seconds each.
- Pour dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Add 1½ cups cranberries, orange, and orange zest to jar. Secure lid and pulse 3–5 times for 2 seconds each.
- Add eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, sour cream, and oil to jar and secure lid. Pulse 5–10 times for 2 seconds each.
- Pour wet ingredients into mixing bowl with dry ingredients. Stir wet and dry ingredients just until blended.
- Add 1 cup cranberries and pecans to jar and secure lid. Pulse 3–5 times for 1–2 seconds each or until cranberries are chopped and chunky. Fold cranberries and nuts into batter.
- Pour batter into two greased 8-x-4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 50–55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Notes: One key to making tender and finely crumbed quick breads is proper mixing. The optimal amount of mixing for muffins is just enough to blend the dry ingredients and wet ingredients but not enough to produce a smooth batter. Mixing the ingredients enough to produce a smooth batter may overdevelop the gluten and may result in spongy quick bread with peaked tops and tunneling.
When you are ready to mix the wet and dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, use a spatula to create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. The well creates a larger surface area for wet ingredients to combine with dry ingredients with a minimum of stirring.