Corn Bread I Recipe
This slightly sweet and moist corn bread is great to serve with a hearty soup or chili. And, if there are leftovers, freeze the corn bread to make corn bread croutons for your next Tex-Mex salad.
Total time: 30 S
- 5 tbsp. butter softened and divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to cast iron skillet, and place in oven until butter melts.
- Remove pan from oven, and swirl butter to coat bottom and sides.
- Add remaining butter, buttermilk, eggs, sugar, flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed. Secure lid and select "Batters" or blend on a Medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
For double corn bread, prepare as written except fold ½ cup corn into batter after the "Batters" cycle ends.
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE