Corn Bread I Recipe
This slightly sweet and moist corn bread is great to serve with a hearty soup or chili. And, if there are leftovers, freeze the corn bread to make corn bread croutons for your next Tex-Mex salad.
Total time: 30 S
- 5 tbsp. butter softened and divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to cast iron skillet, and place in oven until butter melts.
- Remove pan from oven, and swirl butter to coat bottom and sides.
- Add remaining butter, buttermilk, eggs, sugar, flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed. Secure lid and select "Batters" or blend on a Medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
For double corn bread, prepare as written except fold ½ cup corn into batter after the "Batters" cycle ends.
Contrary to popular belief, guacamole isn't the only way to eat avocados. Avocado soup makes a delicious, healthy app...VIEW RECIPE
This is a low-sodium, fresh tomato and vegetable juice you can enjoy every day — morning, noon, and night. We know th...VIEW RECIPE