Cherry Pecan Energy Bars Recipe
This gluten-free, dairy-free, and whole-food energy bar has endless variations simply use different fruit and nut combinations.
Total time: 01 M 40 S
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 3 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 0 1/16 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. unflavored soy or rice protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flaxseed
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 7g
- Add flaxseed and rolled oats to Twister jar, and place lid on jar. Hold lid with one hand, and with other hand select "Speed Up" to Speed 4. Run for 15–20 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, and place lid on jar. Hold lid with one hand, and with other hand select "Speed Up" to Speed 1. Run for 30–40 seconds or until desired texture is reached; turn lid counterclockwise during blending.
- Place 14-x-14-inch piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on flat surface. Use Spectacula to scrape and dump mixture onto half of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Fold other half of plastic wrap or parchment paper over mixture. Press mixture into ½-inch-thick rectangle.
- Cut into 4 bars.
To increase the amount of protein in each bar by 3–4 grams, reduce the rolled oats by 1 tablespoon and add another scoop of protein powder.
To reduce the fat, choose a nut lower in fat, such as almonds or cashews.
This is a low-sodium, fresh tomato and vegetable juice you can enjoy every day — morning, noon, and night. We know th...VIEW RECIPE
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE