These scones are low in fat but high in flavor.
Total time: 30 M
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. canola oil or applesauce
- 1/4 cup dried white beans
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. instant powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup warm water or buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 204mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Add wheat berries and white beans to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour.
- Add flour and remaining dry ingredients to large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in oil or applesauce, honey, and water or buttermilk until mixture clings to itself.
- Knead dough gently 6 or 7 times on floured surface. Divide dough into thirds.
- Roll each piece ½-inch thick. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F for 10–15 minutes.
- Serve hot with honey butter or apple butter.