Serve this nutritious Middle Eastern dip with veggies, pita bread or whole wheat naan.
Total time: 30 S
- 1 large eggplant halved
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil optional garnish
- 1/2 tsp. paprika optional garnish
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley optional garnish
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line baking sheet with parchment.
- Prick eggplant with fork several times, and place flesh-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool slightly and peel off eggplant skin.
- Add cooked eggplant flesh, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Dips" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving bowl, and garnish with oil, paprika, and parsley.
Note: Delicious served with our Whole Wheat Naan.
great dish but way to much garlic. I’d cut it in half or roast the garlic with the eggplant.
Leave a comment