Dips · Jams · Sauces · Spreads · 58 comments ·
Apricot Freezer Jam
Enjoy summer fruit all year round with this quick-and-easy freezer jam. Remember, when you've opened a new jar, start thawing the next jar in the refrigerator - this jam moves fast!
Works best with:
- 2 lbs. apricots
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz. liquid pectin
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp.
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 0g
- Add half of apricots and all of water and sugar to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and select “Sauces.”
- Let blend stand for 5 minutes. Add other half of apricots to jar. Secure lid and press “Pulse” 4–6 times to crush apricots.
- Add lemon juice and pectin to jar. Secure lid and press “Pulse” 1–2 times. Let jam stand 5 minutes.
- Pour into clean plastic or glass freezer jars and secure lids.
- Store jars in refrigerator for 24 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.
Note: Yields 6(8 oz.) containers of jam.
For variety, try other tender fruits, such as peaches, cherries, and berries.
this looks great – do you think I could substitute xylitol for a healthier sweetener option, without interfering with the gelling quality of the pectin?
I love apricots – and know they are so good for you – does anyone know how this might make up without the sugar – could honey be substituted?? that’s my question??
This is very good jam! Very easy.
This is very good jam
Has anyone ever substituted the apricots with strawberries?
Leave a comment