Get Your Grill On: 3 Summertime Recipes from Guinness World Record Holding Griller
2 large avocados
1 jalapeño, halved and seeds removed (for mild, or leave the seeds in for more spice)
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Preheat grill to 425° F.
- Place onion, jalapeño, and garlic in a grill basket and place on the grill. Cook until everything is slightly charred on all sides, stirring often (about 6-8 minutes)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Place face down on the grill for 2-3 minutes, until there are nice grill lines on the surface of the avocado.
- Scoop the grilled avocado flesh from the skin into the Twister Jar of your Blendtec. Add the grilled jalapeño, onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and secure lid.
- "Pulse" the ingredients in your Blendtec at medium speed, twisting the lid counter-clockwise, until the guacamole reaches your desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled.
Roasted Tomato Salsa
4 medium tomatoes, on the vine
1 medium sweet onion
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 jalapeños, cut in half and seeds removed (for mild, or leave the seeds in for more spice)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup cilantro leaves
2 limes, juiced
- Preheat your grill to 425° F.
- Slice the onion in half and remove the seeds from your jalapenos. Once preheated, place tomatoes, jalapenos, and onion cut side down, directly on the grate and grill for 5-10 minutes.
- After grilling, put all the ingredients in the WildSide+ or FourSide jar and blend on the "Dips/Salsa" cycle or on a medium speed for 23 seconds.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt or lime as needed for taste. Serve warm or chilled.
Lime and Green Chile Grilled Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 4 oz can of chopped fire roasted green chiles
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions, ends trimmed
2 garlic cloves
4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients except chicken to jar, secure lid and "Pulse" to combine.
- Place the chicken in a gallon zip-top bag and pour the chile lime marinade on top. Turn the bag over a few times to coat well. Refrigerate and allow the chicken to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to 425° F. Remove chicken from the bag and place directly on the grill grates. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping only once, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165° F with a meat thermometer. Allow the chicken to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Leftovers are awesome in tacos and burritos, on salads, or in tortilla soup!
Leave a comment