Roasted garlic spread is fantastic as a spread on fresh bread and sandwiches; added into soups, stews, pasta sauce; or used in place of fresh garlic (substitute 1 teaspoon for 1 clove). The garlic’s pungent taste is mellowed by the roasting process, and the creamy consistency gives your recipes depth.
Garlic Spread Recipe
8 tablespoons high quality olive oil
5-8 heads of fresh garlic
Sea salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of small metal pan (pie pans or cake pans work well) with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Slice the tops off each head of garlic and place bottom-down in the pan. Space garlic heads evenly in the pan, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover pan in tinfoil and roast for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool, pour 4 tablespoons into Blendtec Twister jar. Carefully squeeze roasted garlic cloves into the Twister jar, removing any papery skin that comes off in the jar.
- Add pinch of salt and pulse in blender until smooth, scraping the sides down if necessary.