Thanks to my family's European roots, crepes made up a big part of our family dishes. Nowadays, crepes seem to win people’s appetites everywhere. They are versatile and can be made with different fillings while providing a filling meal. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken, while providing a fancy, satisfying dish.
Chicken Mushroom Crepes
3 large eggs
1 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp light olive oil
1 lb cooked chicken (left over or baked)
2 lb fresh mushrooms
1 small yellow onion
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup grated Mozzarella
To prepare the crepes:
- Into your Blendtec blender, place eggs, flour and salt; blend on low to combine.
- Add milk and oil, blend on low again to combine ingredients together.
- Preheat a lightly oiled frying pan, over medium heat. Lift up the frying pan with one hand while using the other hand to pour in crepe batter about ¼ cup crepe batter. Shift the pan from side to side to cover the bottom.
- Cook each crepe until both sides are light brown. Turn crepes by lifting corners, using a spatula.
To prepare the filling:
- Dice onion and mushrooms into one-inch pieces. Sauté mushrooms and onion, until golden brown.
- Place cooked chicken, mushrooms & onion mixture, and chicken broth into the blender and blend it together until texture is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the filling evenly onto each cooked crepe, then fold over the sides and roll it up.
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients. Serve crepes warm.
Sour cream makes a great dipping sauce for these crepes. To reheat, you may use a buttered skillet, microwave, or an oven.