As we gear up to send our kids back to school, it's important to ensure that their nutritional needs are met to keep them energized and focused throughout the day. Here at Blendtec, we've curated a selection of kid-friendly, nutritious, and easy-to-make smoothie recipes that taste just like their favorite desserts.
This smoothie is packed with the fresh and fruity flavor of strawberries and the indulgence of chocolate – a match made in heaven! With added spinach for nutrients and chia seeds for fiber, it's a wholesome breakfast or after-school treat.
- 8 fl oz unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 6 whole strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
The Berry Cinnamon Smoothie is a blend of sweet and tart flavors, enhanced with a hint of warm cinnamon. Packed with fiber and protein from the rolled oats and hemp seeds, this smoothie is sure to keep your kiddos full and focused.
- 1 medium-sized pear
- 1 cup mixed berries (frozen)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Medjool date (2 for a sweeter version)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
This creamy concoction perfectly mimics a slice of cheesecake, without the added sugars. With the high fiber content from Fiber One cereal and the protein from Greek yogurt, this smoothie is a wholesome, guilt-free treat.
- 1¼ cups almond milk
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup Fiber One original cereal pellets
- 1¼ cups frozen berries (your choice)
- 6 ice cubes
A classic lunchbox favorite, the PB&J, is reinvented as a delicious and nutritious smoothie! With the protein from peanut butter and a healthy dose of fruit, this is a fun and healthy way to enjoy a classic.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 strawberries
- 1 tbsp. strawberry preserves
Bonus Breakfast: Banana Oat Pancakes
On top of your delicious smoothies, your Blendtec can help whip up other nutritious and kid-friendly breakfast recipes. Our bonus blender breakfast is Banana Oat Pancakes - a hearty and healthy start to your child's school day.
These pancakes are a fantastic way to utilize your blender and are free from refined sugars and flours. The natural sweetness of the bananas and the heartiness of the oats will keep your kids satisfied and ready to learn.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in your FourSide jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a High speed for 50 seconds.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey, or a handful of fresh berries on top.
Blend these delicious smoothies effortlessly with the Blendtec GO™ travel bottle accessory! It offers the first disposable blend-in-cup option for use with Blendtec’s high-powered blenders. Not only does the Blendtec GO™ allow for single-serve blending in a convenient reusable bottle, but it also allows blending directly into a disposable cup for the ultimate grab-and-go option.
Here's to a successful and healthy school year ahead!