Here at Blendtec, we enjoy following many blogs and getting inspiration from them; in fact, this very post was inspired by one.
Unconventional Kitchen is an informative blog about eating real food and how food is a great medicine for your body. In May, Unconventional Kitchen's author, Desi, wrote a blog post about 10 Super Awesome Super Foods. I wanted to share this post with our readers and give you tips on how to incorporate many of these super foods into some of your own Blendtec blender recipes (some may not be made in a blender).
10 Super Foods
- Aloe Vera
- Bee Pollen
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seed
- Raw Chocolate (Cacao)
- Coconut Oil
- Goji Berries
Try some of these recipes that use one or more of the super foods above:
10 Super Food Recipes
- Aloe-Cucumber Freshener
- Add bee pollen to one of our many smoothies, like this Vegan Berry Smoothie
- Mango-Avocado Smoothie
- Lime-Cilantro Marinade
- Cherry-Pecan Energy Bars
- Maca can be added to one of our smoothies for more protein/carbs
- Parsley-Passion Green Smoothie
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse or Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Buckwheat Berry Cereal by Unconventional Kitchen
What are you favorite super foods? What recipes do you make with them?