HorchataEnjoy this refreshing traditional Mexican drink on Cinco de Mayo, or any other day of the year!
almonds, soaked in 2 cups hot water for 3 hours and then drained
cooked rice, rinsed after cooking
- Add almonds, rice, and water to WildSide+ or FourSide jar and secure lid.
- Select "Whole Juice" or blend on a Medium High speed for 50-60 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a Medium High speed for 50 seconds.
- Serve as is, or pour mixture through cheesecloth for a thinner beverage.
- Servings 4.0
- Sodium 17 mg
- Serving Size 7 fl oz
- Carbohydrates 14.5 g
- Calories 149
- Fiber 2 g
- Fat 9 g
- Sugar 9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
For an adult version, add 1 ounce of rum to each serving.
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.