Cauliflower Cheddar Bisque
At 140 calories per serving (1.5 cups), this cheesy cauliflower bisque can be enjoyed as a guilt-less meal. Use your choice of milk and leave it chunky or blend it all into a creamy soup to make it your own. We like to garnish it with shredded cheddar cheese or bacon, what would you use? Share your ideas with us on the recipe page.
1½ tbsp butter
1 medium onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 cups low-fat milk (or your choice of milk)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 6 cups)
½ tsp kosher or sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 oz cheddar cheese
- Sautée onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Add liquid ingredients, cauliflower, salt, pepper, and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove 4 cups of the vegetables and set aside.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the remainder of the soup and cheese to jar and secure lid. Select “Sauces” or blend on a Medium to Medium Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Combine vegetables with creamed soup and garnish with parsley, shredded cheddar cheese or bacon.
Get nutrition information and full recipe on the Blendtec Recipes page.