Sweet Potato PieSwap out the high-calorie pumpkin pie for a healthier, lower-sugar sweet potato pie. This popular southern dish is so delicious, it's worth trying!
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp kosher or sea salt
1 tsp granulated sugar
10 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
½ cup ice cold water, divided
- Add first 4 ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 8-10 times.
- Add ¼ cup water and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4 times.
- Add remaining water and press "Pulse" 4 times or until dough is formed; do not over blend.
- Remove dough, and divide into two balls. Pat into a smooth disc, wrap disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before rolling out dough.
*One dough disc will be used for this recipe. The other dough disc may be used for another 1-crust pie or frozen for up to 6 weeks for later use.
2 ½ cups peeled, cubed, boiled sweet potato or yams
⅔ cup granulated sugar
½ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
⅛ tsp ground ginger
- Add all ingredients to jar and secure lid. Blend on the lowest setting (Low or Speed 1) for 5-10 seconds or until filling is blended and smooth.
- Pour into pie dish lined with pie crust.
- Bake at 350˚F for 45 min – 1 hour
- Servings 10.0
- Sodium 150 mg
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Carbohydrates 33 g
- Calories 220
- Fiber 1 g
- Fat 8 g
- Sugar 17 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 55 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.