Honey Whole Wheat BreadThis slightly sweet, whole-grain bread is hearty and satisfying.
whole wheat flour
kosher or sea salt
vital wheat gluten
- Add flour, salt, and vital wheat gluten to WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times to mix and sift dry ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add water, yeast and 1 tbsp honey to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2 times. Allow the yeast to proof 5–10 minutes.
- Add remaining honey, oil, and lemon juice to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2 times. Add ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2–3 times. Add next ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 4-6 times. Add the last ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6–8 times until all flour is incorporated and a dough ball forms.
- Allow dough to rest in jar for 10–15 minutes. Dump dough ball onto oiled surface and shape loaf.
- Place shaped loaf, seam side down, into 9"x 5" greased loaf pan. Cover loaf pan and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place or until dough has topped the pans by approximately one inch.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes, then increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake until top is golden brown. Remove bread from pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Servings 12.0
- Sodium 200 mg
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Carbohydrates 26 g
- Calories 130
- Fiber 3 g
- Fat 2 g
- Sugar 5 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.