Homemade GranolaSkip the supermarket stuff and make your own granola. Serve it at breakfast atop applesauce or yogurt, sprinkle on your baked sweet potato at dinner or pair with frozen yogurt at dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Spread oats*, sunflower seeds and coconut out on a parchment lined jelly roll pan. Toast in oven for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add flaxseeds to jar and secure lid. Run on a low speed for 50 seconds. Set ground flaxseed aside in mixing bowl.
- Add walnuts to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times. Dump chopped walnuts into mixing bowl with flaxseed.
- Add oil, honey, salt and vanilla to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4–6 times until blended.
- Remove toasted mixture from oven and add ground flaxseed, walnuts, raisins and dried cranberries to toasted oats.
- Pour honey mixture over granola and stir all ingredients together.
- Return jelly roll pan to oven for 8–12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and store in airtight container.
*For the gluten intolerant, ensure your oats are gluten-free.
- Servings 12.0
- Sodium 30 mg
- Serving Size ½ cup
- Carbohydrates 0.043 g
- Calories 300
- Fiber 3 g
- Fat 13 g
- Sugar 20 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Protein 6 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Add your favorite dried fruit (apricots, cherries, currants, dates, etc), try different nuts and seeds for variety (pecans, hazelnuts, pumpkin, etc), and spice it up with cinnamon or nutmeg.
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.