Healthy Apple Cider Donut MuffinsThese healthy apple cider donut muffins come from Sharon Lachendro of whattheforkfoodblog.com. They have all the fall spice flavor of apple cider donuts, just without the guilt. They are gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free and naturally sweetened with honey.
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan (that holds 24 mini muffins) with non-stick spray.
- Add the apple cider, applesauce, vanilla extract, and honey to a WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a Low speed until combined (about 10 seconds).
- Add the remaining ingredients to jar and secure lid.
- "Pulse" just until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 24 mini muffin cups and bake for 10–12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Servings 12.0
- Sodium 280 mg
- Serving Size 2 mini muffins
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Calories 120
- Fiber 1 g
- Fat 0 g
- Sugar 10 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Add a cinnamon-sugar coating to the top to make it a bit sweeter.
If you're not looking for gluten-free, substitute all-purpose flour for the gluten-free flour and omit the xanthan gum.
To make in Fourside jar, follow the same instructions, however, to incorporate all the dry ingredients, you may need to stop blending and use a spoon or rubber scraper to finish mixing the dry ingredients. That way the batter at the bottom of the jar doesn't get over-mixed and the batter at the top of the jar doesn't get under-mixed.
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.