Harvest Apple Pie PocketsThese pie pockets make the perfect individual serving for a party or get-together.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp kosher or sea salt
1 tsp granulated sugar
10 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
½ cup ice cold water, divided
1. Add first 4 ingredients to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 8-10 times.
2. Add ¼ cup water and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4 times.
3. Add remaining water and press "Pulse" 4 times or until dough is formed; do not over blend.
4. Remove dough, and divided into two balls. Pat into a smooth disc, wrap disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before rolling out dough.
5. Roll out dough and cut into 20 triangles.
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered, cored
½ c brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Add half of the apple pieces to the WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 8-10 times. Set aside. Repeat with the rest of the apple pieces.
2. Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to a medium saucepan and heat on medium until butter is melted, stirring frequently.
3. Once butter is melted, add chopped apples to saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for five minutes.
4. Put 1 ½ tbsp on one half of the triangle and fold the other half over the filling. Use a fork to press the top crust into the bottom crust.
5. Place pie pockets on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in oven preheated to 400ᵒF. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Servings 20.0
- Sodium 105 mg
- Serving Size 1 pie pocket
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Calories 135
- Fiber 1 g
- Fat 6.5 g
- Sugar 6 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Protein 2 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.