Garlic Cheddar BiscuitsEnjoy a taste of the South with these biscuits and their hearty flavors of cheddar and garlic.
whole wheat flour
butter, cut in fourths
low-fat buttermilk, divided
shredded cheddar cheese
dried parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add the first seven ingredients to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-4 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Remove clear vented gripper lid insert, add butter, replace insert and press "Pulse" 8-10 times until butter resembles a coarse meal.
- Add ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times.
- Add other ½ cup buttermilk and cheese through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times until dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use Spoonula or spatula to scrape sides of WildSide+ jar, then dump biscuit dough onto floured surface.
- With floured hands, pat down dough to approximately 1-inch thick. Use floured biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut dough into rounds. Continue patting dough scraps together and cut out remaining biscuits.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Servings 14.0
- Sodium 275 mg
- Serving Size 1 biscuit
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Calories 130
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Fat 6.5 g
- Sugar 1 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 20 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.