FalafelOriginally from the Middle East, this deeply flavorful vegetarian fried dish is usually wrapped in a pita, but also tastes great on salads or dipped in hot sauce or tahini.
2 15 oz cans
kosher or sea salt
ground black pepper
- Add parsley, cilantro, carrots, chickpeas, onion, and garlic to the WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6 times.
- Using a large spoon or rubber scraper, scrape the walls of the jar and slightly mix the ingredients. Replace the lid and press "Pulse" 6 more times. Repeat if necessary.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl. Using clean hands or a large spoon, mix all ingredients until incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to marinate.
- Heat frying oil in a large saucepan until 350°F. Make tablespoon-sized balls and cook in oil until golden brown. Place on tray covered with paper towl to drain liquid.
- Serve in a pita with fresh lettuce, sprouts, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and red pepper.
- Servings 10.0
- Sodium 685 mg
- Serving Size 3 balls
- Carbohydrates 39 g
- Calories 215
- Fiber 8.5 g
- Fat 2.5 g
- Sugar 7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Protein 10 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.