Empanada DoughFill this flaky pastry dough with fruit preserves for a sweet treat or with a combination of meats, cheeses or veggies for a savory dish.
butter, at room temperature
all-purpose flour, divided
egg white, optional
- Add butter and cream cheese to WildSide+ or FourSide jar and secure lid.
- "Pulse" 6-8 times or until butter and cream cheese are blended and creamy.
- Add salt and 1 cup of flour and secure lid.
- "Pulse" 6–8 times.
- Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add ½ cup flour, secure lid, and "Pulse" 6–8 times. Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add remaining flour, secure lid, and "Pulse" 10–12 times or until all flour is incorporated.
- Press dough together to form ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Divide dough into 12 balls, and roll out each into a disk.
- Add filling of choice to half of each disk of dough. Fold other half of disk over covered half, and pinch edges to seal. For a glossy finish, brush tops of empanadas with egg whites.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
*Note: Unbaked dough can be wrapped and frozen for later use.
- Servings 12.0
- Sodium 75 mg
- Serving Size 1 empanada
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Calories 210
- Fiber 0 g
- Fat 16 g
- Sugar 0 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Protein 3 g
- Cholesterol 45 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.