Black Bean Veggie BurgerThis recipe is a delicious meatless mainstay, and the cayenne gives a little spice. Try topping your burger with fresh salsa and avocado.
mushrooms, washed and roughly chopped
bell pepper, roughly chopped
onion, roughly chopped
fresh spinach, lightly packed
ground black pepper
ground cayenne pepper
hickory or mesquite all-natural liquid smoke, optional
black or pinto canned beans, rinsed
cooked brown rice
- Sauté vegetables in oil and seasonings until softened and set aside.
- Add oats and flaxseed to Twister Jar and place Twister lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and blend on a low speed for 10-12 seconds; turn Twister lid counter-clockwise during blending.
- Add water, beans and rice to jar and place Twister lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and with other hand press "Pulse" 6-8 times (while turning Twister lid counter-clockwise).
- Add sautéed vegetables to Twister Jar and place lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and with other hand press "Pulse" 6-10 times until desired consistency is reached (remember to turn Twister lid counter-clockwise during blending).
- Form a patty with blended mixture. Heat a greased pan over medium to medium high heat and cook both sides of the patty until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
- Servings 3.0
- Sodium 240 mg
- Serving Size 1 patty
- Carbohydrates 26 g
- Calories 150
- Fiber 7 g
- Fat 3 g
- Sugar 2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Protein 7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.