Apple Spice MuffinsEnjoy these fresh muffins, which are made with warming spices and cooked apple bits.
apples, quartered, cored, and divided
coconut oil, or butter
pumpkin pie spice
all-purpose or whole wheat flour, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add buttermilk, half an apple, sucanat, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Batters" or blend on a Medium-Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add baking powder, 1 cup flour, remaining apple, and last cup of flour.
- Secure lid and press “Pulse” 6–8 times or until dry ingredients are barely incorporated and apples are chopped in bits; do not overblend.
- Allow batter to sit 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin. Bake 16–18 minutes or until done.
- Servings 12.0
- Sodium 180 mg
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Carbohydrates 30 g
- Calories 160
- Fiber 3 g
- Fat 3.5 g
- Sugar 14 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
For an extra-special treat, sprinkle your favorite streusel on top of the muffins before baking.
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.