Whole Wheat NaanThis recipe provides a simple way to make leavened Indian flat bread using nearly 100% whole wheat flour. This bread is delicious served with your favorite curry dish or hummus.
dry active yeast
whole white wheat flour
- Add milk, yeast, and sugar to jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2 times.Allow yeast to proof for 5–10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flours. Add 1/3 of flour mixture, yogurt, oil, salt, and baking powder to jar. Secure lid and "Pulse" 2–3 times.
- Add next 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 3–5 times.
- Add last 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 6–8 times or until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Let dough rise in jar until doubled.
- Heat griddle.
- Remove dough from jar, and divide into 8 lemon-sized balls. Roll each dough ball, and flatten into 1/4" thick ovals.
- Sprinkle one side of dough with water, and gently place that side on heated griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes, until dough starts to puff and brown on underside. Flip and cook on other side until golden brown.
- Servings 8.0
- Sodium 398 mg
- Serving Size pieces
- Carbohydrates 31 g
- Calories 183
- Fiber 5 g
- Fat 4.5 g
- Sugar 3 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Protein 7 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.