Creamy Tomato-Basil SoupThis updated version of traditional tomato soup gets its creamy texture from cooked beans, rather than high-fat, high-calorie dairy products.
warm water, divided
sprouted soy or white beans
chicken or vegetable bouillon
- Cook beans and onion in 1 quart boiling water for 15–20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add beans, onion, and 1 cup of cooking water to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Soup" or "Hot" or "90" cycle or blend on a High speed for 90 seconds.
- Add remaining cooking water, bouillon, tomato sauce, and basil to jar and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 2–4 times to incorporate ingredients.
- Servings 7.0
- Sodium 382 mg
- Serving Size 1 c
- Carbohydrates 7.5 g
- Calories 50
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Fat 1.5 g
- Sugar 4 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.