Whole Wheat Naan
This recipe provides a simple way to make leavened Indian flat bread using nearly 100% whole wheat flour. This bread is delicious served with your favorite curry dish or hummus.
Total time: 15 S
- 1/3 cup milk warmed
- 2 1/4 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Serving Size: pieces
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 398mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Add milk, yeast, and sugar to jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2 times. Allow yeast to proof for 5–10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flours. Add 1/3 of flour mixture, yogurt, oil, salt, and baking powder to jar. Secure lid and "Pulse" 2–3 times.
- Add next 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 3–5 times.
- Add last 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 6–8 times or until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Let dough rise in jar until doubled.
- Heat griddle.
- Remove dough from jar, and divide into 8 lemon-sized balls. Roll each dough ball, and flatten into 1/4" thick ovals.
- Sprinkle one side of dough with water, and gently place that side on heated griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes, until dough starts to puff and brown on underside. Flip and cook on other side until golden brown.
This is a low-sodium, fresh tomato and vegetable juice you can enjoy every day — morning, noon, and night. We know th...VIEW RECIPE
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE