Dinner · Meal Ideas · Soups · Warm Soups · 22 comments ·
Sweet Potato Bisque Recipe
This rich-hued root-vegetable soup is smooth and off the charts when it comes to your daily vitamin A intake.
Works best with:
Total time: 02 M
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cooked and skin removed
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- Add oil to skillet, and cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add onion, garlic, sweet potatoes, broth, milk, oregano, cumin, and black pepper to WildSide+ jar.
- Secure lid and select "Soup."
The recipe came out with an incredibly watery consistency after blending on one soup cycle. I had to add another potato and some more spices as well as salt, I was using low sodium broth, but it definitely lacked seasoning.
I had to use the soup cycle 3 times, before it was hot enough, is this normal? I tried it twice once with cooked cold sweet potatoes, then the next time I tried it with very hot sweet potatoes
I’ve always had to run my soup cycle at least 2 times depending on if I use any hot ingredients or not.
Delicious! Subbed smoked paprika instead of oregano to give it a little more smokier flavor with the cumin.
Too oregano-y. I think I would like it better with more pepper, less oregano and less cumin.
Leave a comment