Desserts to Make Using Candy Canes
Winter is here, and the holidays are right around the corner. People are setting up their Christmas trees, putting up lights, and getting ready to celebrate with friends and family. With so many holiday parties planned for the next few weeks, you may be wondering what you should make for the festivities. I love to use candy canes during this time of year; they're everywhere and they're pretty inexpensive. So here are a few candy cane treats that are perfect to make for holiday parties, with the help of your trusty Blendtec blender.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa: Hot cocoa and peppermint...Yum! I just love that combination, and this Blendtec recipe is a winner. This simple and fast cocoa is sure to please all your party guests. But don't reserve it just for parties—this recipe is great on a quiet night with your family.
Blendtec's Peppermint Hot Cocoa Best Blender Brownies: Up the flavor factor of this delicious recipe by adding candy canes. After you pour the batter into a pan, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
Alternatively, mix the candy canes in with the batter.
- ¾ c butter, melted
- ⅔ c semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1½ c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅞ c all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add butter and chocolate chips to WildSide+ jar. Secure the lid and select "Batters."
- Add eggs, cocoa, sugar, and vanilla to the jar. Secure the lid and press "Pulse" 3–5 times.
- Add flour, secure the lid, and pulse 3–5 times.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the jar.
- Pour batter into greased 9" x 9" or 11" x 7" pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cookie-Peppermint Balls Another delicious and super-easy treat to make for the holidays is Cookie-Peppermint Balls.
Peppermint-Oreo™ Cookie Balls: Courtesy of Kraftrecipes.com[/caption]
- 1 pkg original (not double stuffed) OREO Cookies
- 1 pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- chocolate or almond bark
- candy canes
- Add cookies to FourSide jar or WildSide+ jar.
- Secure lid and press "Pulse" until cookies are crushed.
- Pour crushed cookies onto the kitchen counter or into a large bowl.
- Use your hands to mix crushed cookies and cream cheese until you can form little balls that don't fall apart.
- Heat chocolate or almond bark in the microwave or on the stove; make sure to heat slowly to avoid burning.
- Meanwhile, add candy canes to the jar, secure the lid, and pulse until candy canes are crushed; pour into a separate bowl.
- Place wax paper on cookie sheets.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate or almond bark, and roll in crushed candy canes.
- Place balls on cookie sheets, and refrigerate until cool, approximately 1 hour.
What foods do you like to make with candy canes? Leave a comment below and feel free to share your recipes.
What a great set of ideas! I especially like the Cookie-Peppermint Balls.
i am so happy to learn about this product, thankyou for the recipes
Never thought about using a blender to make brownies…what a smart (and more importantly MESS-FREE) idea!!!
Leave a comment