Hello from all of us in Blendtec's Customer Service Department! We receive calls every day from our wonderful customers, some of whom ask how to get the most out of their high-powered blenders
. Generally, we refer them to the gorgeous Fresh Blends
cookbook (included with every blender purchase). But today we're going to give you a recipe and some tips that we use with our own Blendtec blenders
. This January has been quite cold for many parts of the United States, and lots of folks are thinking about soup and hot chocolate to keep warm. Still, we sometimes crave sweet and creamy ice cream. One recipe we all really like is Blueberry Ice Cream. This recipe is not for the calorie counter, but this delicate and delicious dessert is worth the splurge. And, with only three ingredients, it's simple to make!
- 1¼ c half-and-half
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 oz frozen blueberries (approx. 2½ cups)
Add ingredients to FourSide jar
in order listed and secure lid. Select "Ice Cream," and then enjoy! Here are some tips and variations for making this ice cream:
- For an extra smooth consistency, run the blender on Speed 2 for 20 seconds and then run on Speed 10 for an entire 50-second cycle.
- If you like fruit chunks in your ice cream, follow the recipe instructions but add only half of the blueberries to the jar. Halfway through the cycle, add the remaining blueberries by removing the clear insert in the jar lid.
- Use a little less than 1 cup of milk—usually almond or skim—and then add a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Top with a little ice.
- Depending on the season and your tastes, the blueberries may not provide enough sweetness, so you may want to add another sweetener.
We love getting new tips and tricks from customers who have put their blenders through the paces. Do you have any ice cream tips? Let us know in the comments section below. Or, sound off on Facebook