Total time: 1 H 20 M
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup + 6 tbsp. lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. oil optional*
- 500 mg. vitamin C tablet
- 2 cups wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Add water, yeast, and molasses to 2-cup measuring container. Stir well and allow to sit for 3–5 minutes.
- Add wheat berries, salt, and vitamin C tablet to Mix n Blend II blender jar. Secure lid and blend on Speed 9 or 10 for a complete cycle.
- Combine yeast mixture with flour mixture. Add oil, if desired. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 5–10 times, 1–2 seconds per pulse.
- Remove lid and use rubber spatula to scrape dough from sides of container toward center. Secure lid and pulse 5–10 times or until dough mixture forms ball on top of blades. Place dough in pan, and let dough rise.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour fresh dough into 8-x-4½-inch greased bread pan, using rubber spatula to scrape out dough around blade. Use rubber spatula to shape dough in bread pan so that dough has a mound appearance, with all four sides lower than the middle portion.
- Allow dough to rise for 10–12 minutes. Do not allow bread dough to rise higher than bread pan; if bread rises too long or too high, it will fall during baking.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until golden brown. Once baked, remove bread from loaf pan to cooling rack.
Note: Wheat germ oil is present in freshly milled flour; thus, additional oil isn't required when using freshly milled flour. However, using additional oil will help the bread stay fresh longer.
Add chopped herbs, spices, onion, fruit, or low-fat cheese when combining the yeast and flour mixtures.