Keeping Weight off during the Holidays—the Blendtec Way!
With the holidays in full swing, we're tempted daily with all the yummy treats that seem to always be right before our eyes. How can we navigate all the goodies and keep weight of during the holidays? Here at Blendtec, we're lucky to have Kali White, our on-site personal trainer (certified through NASM). Kali shared 12 tips with Blendtec employees on how to win the battle of the bulge this holiday season. The tips are so great, I thought I should share them with our Blendtec community!
- Eat at least 7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day (1 serving = ½ cup).
- Take healthy, low-calorie treats (instead of the usual sweet treats) to holiday parties.
- Wear your tennis shoes to work or when you go shopping—you'll be motivated to walk more and faster.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
- Take a multivitamin.
- Bring a healthy snack with you when you shop instead of grabbing a quick treat or fast food.
- Drink water instead of sugar-filled soda at holiday parties and family gatherings.
- Go for a walk before dinner.
- Go an entire day without consuming added sugar—no desserts, sweet breads, soda, sweetened cereal, etc.!
- Play an active game with your family and friends instead of watching TV or going to a movie.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night.
- Exercise at least 3 days a week.
This was very helpful!!
Leave a comment