Easily make Baba Ganoush with the help of your Blendtec! This Middle Eastern, eggplant-based dish is delicious when served with veggies or bread - try it with our Whole Wheat Naan. Don't have Tahini? We've included that recipe, too!
How to make Baba Ganoush in your Blender:
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line baking sheet with parchment.
- Prick eggplant with fork several times, and place flesh-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool slightly and peel off eggplant skin.
- Add cooked eggplant flesh, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Dips" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving bowl, and garnish with oil, paprika, and parsley.
This recipe is delicious with Baba Ganoush and provides a simple way to make leavened Indian flat bread using nearly 100% whole wheat flour.
- Add milk, yeast, and sugar to jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2 times.Allow yeast to proof for 5–10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flours. Add 1/3 of flour mixture, yogurt, oil, salt, and baking powder to jar. Secure lid and "Pulse" 2–3 times.
- Add next 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 3–5 times.
- Add last 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 6–8 times or until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Let dough rise in jar until doubled.
- Heat griddle.
- Remove dough from jar, and divide into 8 lemon-sized balls. Roll each dough ball, and flatten into 1/4" thick ovals.
- Sprinkle one side of dough with water, and gently place that side on heated griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes, until dough starts to puff and brown on underside. Flip and cook on other side until golden brown.
Don't have tahini? Make your own! All you need is olive oil & sesame seeds.
- Add oil and sesame seeds to WildSide+ or FourSide jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a Low speed for 50 seconds.
- Stop blending, use spatula to move contents toward center of jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a Medium speed for 50 seconds.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 4–6 weeks. ￼
*To toast hulled sesame seeds: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread sesame seeds on a jelly roll pan. Toast seeds for 10–12 minutes. To ensure even toasting, stir the sesame seeds after 5–6 minutes in the oven.