December can be a hectic and exciting time. Planning for the holidays, decorating, gift shopping, family visits, and having kids home from school gives you that distinct feeling that the end of the year is approaching.
However, December also means that winter is far from over. As the temperatures drop and the snow begins to fall, your Blendtec blender can help keep you warm! We’ve rounded up six warm drinks you can make in your blender, for those cold winter nights!
1. Caramel-Apple Cider Recipe
This warm apple cider will soothe your soul, and only requires 4 ingredients!
- 3 tbsp. caramel bits or 4 caramels
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 apples peeled and quartered
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- Add all ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar.
- Secure lid and select "Soup" or "90" or blend on a High speed for 90 seconds.
2. Cookies & Cream Hot Cocoa
You probably know by now that you can make hot chocolate in your Blendtec blender! But kick it up a notch by adding Oreos and voila! You've got a gourmet hot chocolate that everyone will enjoy.
3. Warm Hot Chocolate Smoothie
Can’t bring yourself to make your morning smoothie when it’s freezing outside? A warm smoothie might sound weird at first, but once you make it, you’ll be wanting it every day!
4. Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Adding peppermint to your hot chocolate will give it a minty taste that will make any night feel like Christmas.
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 candy cane
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Add ingredients to FourSide jar or WildSide+ jar in order listed. Secure lid and select “Soup.”
- For extra-warm cocoa, run "Soup" cycle twice.
5. Spiced Apple Wassail
Adapted from our Speedy Hot Wassail recipe, make this traditional English drink with or without alcohol in only ten minutes with your Blendtec blender!
6. Pumpkin Steamer
The seasonal pumpkin craze might be over, but you still probably have some pumpkin puree left over from Thanksgiving weekend. Have this pumpkin steamer by itself or add it to your coffee or hot chocolate for a delicious burst of flavor.
- 3 1/2 cups low-fat milk (or your choice of milk)
- 3 tbsp. honey (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add ingredients to WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Blend on "Soups" or "Hot" or "90" cycle or on a High speed for 90 seconds. Blend on same cycle again if not hot enough.
Note: To make in the FourSide jar, decrease ingredient measurements by 1/3.
What's your favorite warm wintry drink? Share in the comments below!